Today we will start a mini project with the following goals:
- Work on our summary and writing skills.
- Develop scripting and layout skills.
In addition to turning the myth into a comic strip you will write a forward for an anthology of Greek Myth.
What's a forward? It's a short piece that introduces and provides reflections, some of them personal, for the content of what you will be reading.
Follow the steps below:
- Using your knowledge from the article that you read about folklore, and what we have seen and discussed in the video write a Forward for a collection of Greek Myths that describes the role of Greek Myths in society. You can reference specific examples of Gods, events and heroes.
- Choose one of the myths below and tell Mrs. Weklar which one you have chosen. - Orpheus - The Midas Touch - Icarus - The Minotaur - Zeus defeats the Titans - The Labors of Hercules (choose one) - Demeter & Persephone - Andromeda & Perseus - Prometheus - Pandora - The River Styx & the King of Corinth (Please use both readings for your comic!)
- Read and summarize the Myth using the document below:
- Create your comic - this needs be a creative telling!