Today we will start a mini project with the following goals:
In addition to turning the myth into a comic strip you will write a forward for an anthology of Greek Myth.
What's a forward? It's a short piece that introduces and provides reflections, some of them personal, for the content of what you will be reading.
Follow the steps below:
So, I only received three responses from Friday's assignment, and that is an important reading. So today, we will do the following:
1. Complete the assignment from Friday.
2. Find a Greek Myth, read it, and complete the summary form below. This will be used tomorrow!
Happy Friday! This work is due today and will be graded!
Today you will read Scholastic articles about Folklore:
- What is Folklore? and Finding Folklore (Click to follow the link)
As you read them please complete the questions in the word document and submit it via the Assignment Submission Page.
THIS IS THE FILE WITH the QUESTIONS: Click the yellow words to open and download the file
SAVING & SUBMITTING a FILE:
1. Please go to FILE and select SAVE AS
2. Save this file in your Documents folder with the name:
[Your name] Finding Folklore
3. When you are done please submit the file through the Assignment Submission Page on the website. (Follow the blue button in the post)
After our work with Flood Myths over the last 2 days, today we will work on our skill of summarizing. First, with a Spanish legend about the moon, which was turned into a song by the Spanish pop group, Mecano; then we will look at the Chinese creation myth of Pan Gu & Nu Wa,
Welcome! I want to welcome you to Anthropology and the 2014-2015 school year. I am very excited to start this school year with you. Anthropology is a broad subject area to study. In this course we will focus on Anthropology & Folklore. Folklore plays an important role in society. It is the traditional beliefs, customs, and stories of a community.
Has been teaching in the City School District of Albany for twelve years.