Please complete the following - you may type or write your responses:
1. Compare and contrast the Disney's The Little Mermaid to the original story by Hans Christian Andersen.
- What are the similarities and differences?
- Which story did you prefer? Explain why.
- Why do you think Disney made the changes it did?
- How did these changes alter the themes you identified in the original? - Be specific.
- What new themes emerged?
Read the article which was handed out: Why My Kids Will Not Be Watching The Little Mermaid.
Answer the following:
1. Summarize why the author's kids will not be watching The Little Mermaid.
2. Do you agree with the author?
3. Respond to the Author's view on the moral of Disney's story:
- Do you agree with their analysis? Why or why not?
4. What do you think of the author's interpretation of Disney's story?
An argument has made that in the original story Ariel is responsible for herself - she makes her own choices and deals with the consequences, however, Disney's version Ariel is a victim of others malicious plans. What do you think?
Welcome! I want to welcome you to Anthropology and the 2014-2015 school year. I am very excited to start this school year with you. Anthropology is a broad subject area to study. In this course we will focus on Anthropology & Folklore. Folklore plays an important role in society. It is the traditional beliefs, customs, and stories of a community.
Has been teaching in the City School District of Albany for twelve years.